Monday, November 18, 2019

Porcelain Heart


Porcelain Heart

Poem by : Emma J. Willden

Poem created on November 18,2019



We break inside

Like porcelain glass

a heart so fragile

so easily destroyed

yet deep inside I fight

I fight my unknown battle.



Looking deep within

My heart once made

So elegantly, with love

Carved to porcelain perfection.

I discover this heart shattered,

One too many times.



With needle and thread

You and you

Believed to sew it back

Yet don’t you know?

Don’t you realize?

Porcelain can’t be stitched together.



Inside I ache,

Bleeding from tragedy.

I find that deep inside

I fight on my own.

I don’t fight to fix the cracks

I fight to remain me.



The porcelain is shattered

Creating a knew dilemma within,

I discover something knew

Something strange

I feel the porcelain change

Transforming into something dangerous.



Something more deadly

Then the broken porcelain within

I fight this transformation

Knowing that there is no turning around

No changing the past

Charging head in I see.



I see the porcelain cracks

So deep, so ridged

Filling with ice, with stone

Cutting me off

From emotion, from feeling

Freezing me from within.



Standing here,

Looking within

On the once perfect porcelain

I find a battlefield

One of pain, verse numbness.

Back and forth they go.



Each advancing on,

Each gaining and losing ground.


© 11/18/2019 Emma J. Willden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rainbow Babe

 I feel you move little flutters from within I feel my skin stretch to enwrap you in my womb I know your so small yet your life flutters wit...