Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Dance in the Night

Dance in the Night

Poem by : Emma J. Willden

Poem created on: November 11,2019



We fall
We stand
We trip
We catch ourselves

We laugh
We walk
We run
We dance all around

The wind of life blows
Not able to be caught
Dancing all around
We strive to do our best

 Yet time and time again
We fall to our knees
We fall to the ground
On bended knee we grasp        

We grasp, we plead
For hope, for peace
We look around the world
We look around for life

We seek for a hand
We seek for a dance
That ends with grace
That ends with peace

Yet here I stand
Here I kneel
Bleeding tears
Bleeding choices

On bended knee
I look up to you
Bowing my head
Knowing the choice

Yet you place your hand
Upon my head
Filled with knowledge
Thoughts of Gethsemane

You take my hand
Pulling me to my feet
Standing, my gaze down
Yet you embrace me still

I a sinner
Know what I have done
Yet time and time again
I dance with the devil’s hand

Yet you don’t leave me
You don’t forget
That you paid the price
For my dance in the night.


© 11/11/2019 Emma J. Willden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rainbow Babe

 I feel you move little flutters from within I feel my skin stretch to enwrap you in my womb I know your so small yet your life flutters wit...