Saturday, January 27, 2018

What Am I . . .

What Am I . . .

Poem & Artwork by : Emma J. Willden

Poem & Artwork created on January 27,2018



Shadows seem to chase me from behind;
as I have been running along.
Never seeing them hiding.
Never seeing them linger.
Not giving them power to darken my sight.

Today I looked back for a glimpse;
allowing that shadow to smile in glee.
A smile that filled my heart with led.
my thoughts with memories,
turning my sight black.

For that second I fell,
landing in a puddle of thoughts.
Thoughts, tears and the past.
Allowing the shadows to grab a hold;
allowing the "what if's" to spiral around.

Tears started to flow down my face.
Unseen, and unfelt falling into the puddle.
As the Shadow's of the past circled around,
each taking glee and pleasure in my pain.
I could feel the "nothing" emotions being to build.

With the "nothing" emotions
I remembered each time.
Each moment that I had ever struggled.
Those few times I lost all I was.
Then I realized, I am not lost.

Gaining courage I looked up,
into the unseen faces around me.
Each pointing, laughing, scorning me.
Each a part of me, each a piece of my past,
however, none who I am today

Getting to my knees, then to my feet,
I watched as one by one,
the shadows lost their forms.
Each transforming into something new.
Looking around I found my hope.

The shadows, hid the truth from my eyes.
I am not a victim, I am not my past,
I am stronger then my memories,
I choose to not focus on the darkness.
I am a survivor...what about you? 


© 01/27/2018 Emma J. Willden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rainbow Babe

 I feel you move little flutters from within I feel my skin stretch to enwrap you in my womb I know your so small yet your life flutters wit...